Sensei Tina Schmidt
- Co-owner and Assistant Instructor of Scholar Warrior Martial Arts - 6 years.
- 1st Degree Black Belt - Scholar Warrior Martial Arts
- Licensed Massage Therapist - 10 years
- Thai Bodyworker - 6 years
- Pressure Point Specialist
- MA in Latin American History
As an experienced massage therapist, Sensei Tina brings a unique perspective to her Martial Arts training and instruction. She brings our students a deeper knowledge of anatomy, trigger points, kinesiology and body mechanics to complement the regular Martial Arts instruction. The difference between the Martial Arts and Massage Therapy is the intent behind the application of touch. As a Therapist, Sensei Tina works within the comfort zone of her clients, utilizing stretching and compression techniques as well as Orthopedic Trigger Point Therapy to help her clients reach a deeper level of relaxation. Her specialty is Therapeutic Thai Bodywork, a walking style of massage that is ultimately more effective at increasing flexibility, range of motion and energy levels. Find out more about the different styles of massage she offers on our Massage page!